From the expansion chamber system to the check valves, every element of Des-Case's patented HydroguardTM breather has been designed to stand up to a wide variety of industries and applications taking advantage of Des-Case's contamination control expertise.
HydroguardTM breathers by Des-Case attack the source of contamination, allowing your equipment and lubricants to run longer and harder.
Integrated Nylon Standpipe allows for greater chemical compatibility and vibration resistance. Polycarbonate Body Shock-absorbing, clear casing provides reliable service and easy maintenance. Threaded Mounting easily and securely replaces standard filler/breather cap with one of two adapters. Foam Pad disperses air evenly over filter media and silica gel. Patented Polyester Filter captures particles as small as 0.5 micron (73.5% efficiency), 3-micron absolute (beta-3 >200). Silica Gel/Desiccant removes water from incoming air, extending fluid and system life. Expansion Chamber
- Unit Height: 9.75" ( 24.76 cm)
- Diameter: 4.1" ( 10.41 cm )
- Amount of Silica Gel: 10.4 oz. ( 240 g )
- Adsorption Capacity: 4.05 fl.oz. (120 ml)
- Max. Flow Rate: 2.5 cfm @ 1 PSID
- Filtration: 3µ (absolute)
- Operating Temp. Range: -20°F to 200°F ( -28.9°C to 93°C )
- Hydrophilic Agent: Silica Gel
- Filter Media: Polyester
- Connection Size: 1" NPT
- Ideal for gearboxes, washdowns, and high humidity areas
- Desiccant, particulate filtration ensures incoming air is dry and clean
- Expansion chamber system isolates lubes from all levels of ambient humidity
- Check valves ensure no excess pressure/vacuum builds
- Prevents water contamination in oil and related fluids.
- Prevents rust and corrosion inside the container.
- Prevents chemical reactions or spoilage.
- Increased oil and oil filter life.
- Reduced abrasive wear, downtime, and repair costs.
- Improved lubricant performance.
- More reliable equipment performance.